Friday, August 16, 2013

Trust

On the morning of September 11th, 2001, in America...... , it was night in Australia. It wasn't until the next morning (September 12th), that I heard the horrific news of the terrorist attacks in new york. I was getting ready for my school day, when my Dad rang up from work, and told us to turn the tv on. Pretty much every channel had breaking news on the tragic event. I was only 9 years old, and I knew there was such thing as bullying, I knew that there were poor people, suffering people, I knew that there were natural disasters...... But it wasn't till I heard of the terrorist attacks that I fully realised that there  are really cruel people in this world. I had never heard of such a cruel act. I also didn't understand why people from over seas would want to kill the innocent. I freaked out. I would duck every time a plane flew over. I didn't really know how to cope with tragedy. In a strange way it interested me though... I wanted to know more. 

Since then, many more disasters have occurred. I was too young to be hearing of such things, but I didn't have a choice. It is because of disasters that I have lived a lot of my life in fear of loss. I feared loosing loved ones to tragic events, and in all honesty, I still do fear this somewhat now. 
Fear is a good thing in a way I suppose, but we can't let it run our lives. I believe it all comes down to faith and trust that Jesus knows what he is doing. Unfortunately that is easier said than done. I have understood for a long time that we are to trust jesus, however trusting that he can and trusting that he will, are two different things. I know Jesus CAN help me out with my problems... But will he? If there is a lot of suffering going on, why should I believe that Jesus will keep me safe? So yeah, I guess I have a trust issue. I'm too scared to trust. 

The only thing to do is pray, and let Jesus be the centre of your life, especially in hard times. He knows what he is doing, and he will do with our life's, what he KNOWS is best, even when we can't see any good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment