Tuesday, August 12, 2014

What should we do about it?


The world is deadly. It brings you down from highs, and down lower from lows. Wars have existed almost from the beginning of time. Innocent people are suffering because of war. Mental illnesses exist, disabilities exist. Cancer seems more real now than ever. The list of horrors seem to be eternal.
Right now, I feel like unless I do something drastic, I may as well curl up into a ball and sit in a corner, rocking back and forth, watching people go about their messy lives. My existence seems so unimportant when I'm doing nothing, but how can I do anything? Why would I be able to do anything? I want to help but how? 

In 2012 I was handed my first prescription for anti depressants. I was both terrified and relieved. I felt like I was admitting defeat, by taking this medicine. I was relieved, however, because I knew that now I would be better. My anxiety could no longer haunt me, and I could have a fresh start. It took about a week (after beginning the trial of anti-depressants) for my brain to start functioning better. I was thinking more clearly, and my frightening thoughts were fading. After 6 months or so, I went on full dose, to ensure my security.

I prayed for an answer to anxiety, and I got it.... tiny little tablets that take no effort to swallow. Anti-depressants. Hope. 

I look back on times where I was at my lowest, and see now that God brought me through it. He lifted me from the miry clay. The greatest hope I have is in Jesus, because of his ultimate sacrifice. He wants to use us, and we should want to be used by him. 
How could I ever repay him? I guess the answer to that is, I can't. I can't repay him fully, but I have been called (as have you), to do the best I can do to spread his love. 
It would be pitiful of me, knowing of his unconditional love, not to spread it. Lazy. 
But how? Pray that instead of being ankle deep, knee deep, or waist deep, that you will be emerged in Jesus. Be what he called you to be! Ask him for help. Listen. 

We can't just sit here and do nothing. 













"IT IS FINISHED" -Jesus 



No comments:

Post a Comment