Monday, August 25, 2014

You haven't changed!

I dislike it when close (and not so close) friends/ family try to tell me that I haven't changed
"You haven't changed since high school" says one of my friends. I tolerate this statement, as it is meant to be a compliment, but I certainly don't like it!
It ticks me off, because I HAVE changed since high school. I am more mature, smarter, wiser, a better decision maker and I'm married. My changes aren't all positive either; I've put on weight, my health is declining, and I'm more self concious. 
Without change, we would be so boring. Maybe on the outside I seem mostly the same, but I'm not, and neither are you. I would hope that every day we are learning and changing, hopefully for the better. 
I much prefer it when my parents friends or distant relatives, (whom I don't remember because I was too young) pinch my cheeks and say "My how you've grown". It may sound weird, but it feels good that someone can see change in me. My grade two teacher was one of my favourites; she gets sentimental every time I see her at school fetes, or out and about. She always reminds me how far I've come since grade two, and it feels great. 

In five years time, I would like to have achieved my goal of becoming a counsellor. I want to have a home, and a child. I want to make a difference in the world. Most of all, I want a stronger, deeper, relationship with Jesus.

Change is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment